A tiny 2,300-year-old votive vessel presented to the gods by the poor was found in the Ancient City of Troy
27 August 2022
A 3-centimeter in size tiny vessel made of clay was found in the ancient city of Troy located at Hisarlik...
The ‘extraordinary’ Roman mosaic depicting scenes from Homer’s Iliad unearthed in a Rutland farmer’s field is the first of its kind in England
25 November 2021
The 1,500-year-old mosaic discovered by a farmer was considered Britain’s “most exciting” Roman find. The artwork was discovered on private...
7 April 2021
Epidemics have been one of the factors affecting the fate of wars throughout history. Epidemics have sometimes turned the fate...
- A 1,300-year-old necklace is the ‘richest of its type ever uncovered in Britain’
- New Findings from 3,000-year-old Uluburun shipwreck: Uzbekistan Nomads Supplied a Third of the Bronze Used Across Ancient Mediterranean
- Metal signature of Roman 19th Legion identified at Teutoburg battle site that shook Rome in AD9
- New Study reveals how England’s ‘White Queen’ worshipped a disembowelled saint at the Chapel of St Erasmus
- Huge funerary building and Fayoum portraits discovered in Egypt Fayoum